Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hackers & Identity Theft

So, have you ever been hacked?  Had your identity stolen?  Your credit or debit card used fraudulently?  If you have, you know it's no picnic.

Well, it's happened to me twice.  Once with my debit card on Itunes (I'll save that story for another blog) and again today with my Visa card...on a smutty site that I'm sure is used only to get people's credit card information.  Mind you, I didn't go to this site.  But it was that site that charged on my credit card.

I wonder about these hackers.  Do they like work for a company?  Hackers R Us?  How do you apply for a job like that?  Do you send in a resume?  What do you list as your experience?  "I'm a great hacker and have stolen x amount of money from poor, stupid jerks"?

Or are they just random folks that have decided that instead of getting a normal job, they'll just sit at home on their computer and steal from people? 

Hmmm...if they could only put that talent to work...working for a company that is trying to figure out ways to keep us all from getting hacked.

But in the meantime, I'll be waiting for my new Visa card to arrive in approximately 10-14 business days.

Thanks again Mr. U.K. Hacker.  You made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment